Zanussi Aquacycle 1500 - FS1555W - Bearings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon,

I have the above washing machine and the bearings are about to go, general grinding noise.

I went to have a look at them to make sure it was that and I have to say I am a tad lost as to 1. how to get to them and 2. is this a good idea, there is no panel at the rear of the machine to allow access and it looks like I may have to take the whole thing apart to get to the drum.

I have replaced bearing before on an older model but this one does not look very friendly.

Does anyone have experience with this model and be able to give me some advice before I go any further.

Thanks for your help,

Paul.

Sponsored Links
Hi Paul

I don't have a solution for you I'm afraid, but am having the same problem with the same model and was wondering if you'd managed to find a solution from elsewhere?

Thanks in advance, Jim.

I am afraid not, unit is just about to go so I am going to have to purchase a new machine which is a shame, I did speak to a few guys to see how much they would charge and they said I would more than likley need a new drum and the labour cost would be quite high so for an extra £50 or so pounds I can get a new one.

Seem a shame as it has nothing else wrong with it but I guess that is what happens to electronic stuff these days,

If any one wants it for free they are welcome, I am just going t take the unit to the skip to get rid.

Paul.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back