zanussi dishwasher no water

20160127_133419.jpg

Sponsored Links
Remove the front bottom plinth to expose screws at the front that fix the side panel to the bottom base. Side panels will then lift away.

plinth wont detatch, ive unclipped what i can, its loose but wont come away, ive give it all ive got, levered it with large screwdrivers, dont wanna bust it, il take another look tomorrow but cant see how it detaches fully, i do appreciate this advice even though im struggling lol

Sponsored Links
its the bottom of the the small sideplates( you can see one in the picture) that are not giving way

Aha, open the door all the way down, can you see screws on either side if you look between the bottom of the door and the plinth?
There may be screws holding the plinth to the base.
Once plinth is removed it will expose more screws to remove the side panels.

ok, il do it tomorrow, too many kids here now lol, what am i to do afterwards(this should be fun lol)

what a mission lol, got the plinth off, got the sides off, whats next cheers :)

Put the machine on a cycle and observe the side panel with the clear plastic water channels(not the side with one tube coming up to the back, this comes from the pump up to the back that feeds the upper wash arm inside the tub, pump doesn't cut in until tub has nearly finished filling), after its finished draining it should begin filling, you should see water movement?

With the sides exposed you may get a better idea where the knocking sound is coming from.

Last edited:
i think its working now??? water is coming into the washing area now, im thinking i wasnt waiting long enough for it to take on water, we get so used to "instant reaction" i guess, il run a cycle and let you know either way, thanks so much and fingers crossed

I would leave the side panels off for the time being until you have done a few wash cycles and sure its fine.
You sure you had the water valve on after replacing the inlet valve? Easy mistake to forget.

Of course its also possible theres a broken wire in the door loom or somewhere else thats been moved whilst pulling the machine about.

Hopefully it will be fine now. Well done!

tbh once i changed the solenoid valve i was switching it on and opening the door within 2 seconds and seeing no water so assuming the worst, but you may well be right, i also read somewhere that if you tilt the machine right over(which i did to remove the plinth) that can sometimes free it up?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back