Zanussi Dishwasher Stuck Draining Won't Start Cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Everyone,

My Zanussi dishwasher is on the blink; initially the fault was the double-beep which other posts on here informed me was most probably a blocked waste pipe or some such. When I had a look inside it was indeed pretty blocked up, and I have cleared all the crud out and it now drains.

The problem is that when I switch the power on to it now starts draining for about 2-3 minutes and then starts giving me a single beep warning.

Is this likely to be a fouled pump or impellor, and can I fix it myself?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Is it actually draining though, fill with water manually (i.e half bucket of water) then drain.
Check water has actually drained and has a good pressure, small trickle or little pressure would suggest a blockage still.

Yes I tried putting a couple of kettles of water down there and it drained straight through, but I think there was still a bit of a dribble left in the bottom?

It is usual for a small amount to remain in the jug at the bottom, you should only see it by removing the filter.
Have you found what the one beep means?
Does it attempt to fill or stuck on drain?
You will feel the water in hose flex as the water inlet valve opens at the point of it starting to fill.

Sponsored Links
How do I get access to the hose to check it? I'm pretty sure it tries to drain rather than fill.

I haven't found what the single beep means yet - I'll see if the manual is still here somewhere.

every programme starts with a drain cycle it then fills with water.
Just making sure it definately drains then starts the fill process.
Hold the water in hose in your hand, when the fill process begins the hose should flex.
The hose is blue (cold fill hose).

Yes tipping back will see if water floods out the back onto the floor.

Blue hose at the back, its the water inlet hose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back