Zanussi Jetsystem 1300 XC - Stuck in drain mode

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I was recently gifted a Zanussi Jetsystem 1300 XC (FJ1354S) as my parents wanted a new machine to go with they're soon to be new kitchen.

It's been fine for a few washes but now, it's stuck in drain mode.

With the door open the drain constantly runs, with the door closed it also takes in water which it then instantly drains.

It thinks it's not in any programme as it's possible to set a new one, but pressing start just makes it beep repeatedly.

Any ideas anyone?

I thought it could be blocked up but i ran hot water through it and although theres loads of crap coming out of it, the water is flowing freely.

This will be the second Zanussi i've had fail in the last 2 years. I just hope it's not the control board - i can't get it out from under the counter on my own so i can't open it up to see.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
No worries folks,

I managed to get it out from under the counter on my own and as soon as i took the cover off the control board it was obvious - big black tracks where it had burnt into the circuit.

This is the same as what happened on my old Zanussi, so i'll be changing brand this time. A new control board i saw listed at £120 or so, and theres no knowing how much longer the other parts will last.

I hope that helps someone else who comes across this post with similar issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back