Zanussi DR50 fridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a zanussi under the counter fridge with small freezer which is in a flat I rent out. One tenant moves out and defrosts fridge prior to leaving and switches off. New tenant moves in, turns fridge on and everything in fridge now frozen solid. Setting is at 1. In middle of dial there is a red bar. I have pushed this in and also pulled it out. No difference. Can anyone please help.

Grateful thanks.

Sponsored Links
wow bonhams might be intrested in this one :) the fact its freezing up on all settings suggests the system has now become weak and a thermostat will make no difference and as this has an R12 system then no repair is possible at all its done extremely well though !

The thermostat phial may have come disconnected from where it attaches to the ice box, or a faulty stat, because when you push in "the red bar" you are talking about the ice box should defrost, but it will not defrost if the stat phial is not connected (cold)

Good luck

Colin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back