water under fridge freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! i have a Zanussi DF45/30 SS Fridge freezer that defrosts the fridge each time the thermostat goes off. Water is collected in a plastic tray underneath which is supposed to evaporate, but there is a large amount of water that eventually over runs onto the floor. Can anyone please tell me why this is happening? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
What setting do you have it on, may not be set cold enough for compressor to run & evaporate the water.

you must have read my mind! just after i posted my query, i turned up the thermostat from 3 to 4. i'll see if this cures the problem and let you know. thanks for your advice. it seems logical to me. i'll be in touch once i've checked tomorrow for water.

Sponsored Links
hi! sorry for delay in replying. you were correct about the thermostat being too low! after turning it up there is no water and the plastic container is bone dry. Cheers! thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back