Zanussi FJS 1597W- will not drain or spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a zanussi FJS 1597w washing machine, which as been working perfectly well for the last four years. But now it will not drain or spin it just makes a grating noise from either the drain pump or recirculating pump.

I have checked both pumps for blockages and there is no blockage and no sign of grating on the impeller case. I have to keep on pulling out the washing machine and drainage the water by place the drain hose lower than the wash machine. Then it works normally for about two loads then stops again

Please could anyone help me matt.

Sponsored Links
it will not spin because it is full of water, either one / both pumps has had it, or there is a blockage (filter)

what happens if you fill the m/c then lay the gry hose into a bowl on the flor, does the water come out eaily / fast, if it doesnt its a blockage if it does its a pump

Thankyou Breezer for your help.

I placed the drainage hose lower than the washing machine so it looks like the drainage pump has gone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back