Zanussi FLA1002W Aquacycle1000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Today i embarked on a "change the bearing" exercise,first a bit of background.Machine is nearly 6 years old,before Christmas stopped draining so changed pump mechanism.Early Jan wouldnt do anything,then wife found 5 year insurance policy was just in date so rung up explained fault,fitter arrived few days after with a pcb,fitted it still wouldnt do anything,so he ordered new motor and bushes,left the new pcb on,fitted motor etc,brilliant like new!!!! :LOL: :LOL: few days ago bearings started grinding,purchased relevant bearing on flea bay(£10) fitted them today after trawling through this brilliant forum,not for the faint hearted someone wrote!!!!!bleeding hell didnt realise the work just to get at it.Took me nearly 7 hours :oops: :oops: should point out am only a D.I.Y er not a expert.If we hadnt had all the repairs done wouldnt have tackled it,but her indoors has just done 1st wash all seems good :eek: :eek: :eek: never ever ever again though!!! Hats off to you guys who do this sort of thing regularly.To all diyers dont even go there :LOL: :LOL:
Regards
A very tired but happy Paulc
p.s did take a photo half way through may try to upload later.

Sponsored Links
It does get quicker when you've done a few. For me, Zanussi bearing jobs come into the category of "nice little earner". If all I had to do was 2 of these jobs every day I would make an adequate living without the stress of doing diagnostic work on modern computerised appliances. We often have to order expensive circuit boards that can't be returned when only 90% sure it will cure the fault. It looks like that's what happened before on your machine except that I don't suppose the engineer had to pay for the board out of his own money.

Just too add machine is running like a dream,much quieter than its been for years.
NOW Competition time what am i saying? Winners prize? 1 surplus to requirement washing machine washer :lol: :lol: :lol:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back