Zanussi fridge freezer query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all ;)

Have got a 5yr old Zanussi Electrolux fridge freezer, little 3/4 size. Has been working 100% until last few days. It just stopped working completely a few days ago, no lights & both fridge and the freezer not working. There was no noise whatsoever from the appliance when plugged in.........ie, seemed dead.

Checked the fuse in the plug & all seemed ok, couldn't find anybod to repair it & was therefore on the verge of getting a new FF.

This morning tried it again & it seems to be working again. Any ideas what could be happening?

Sponsored Links
if you had no lights working, as in the light that comes on when you open the door then you lost power to the appliance itself.

The first place I would check is the plug and the plug socket. Not just them but the environment they are in. The number of calls I have been too where an appliance is completely dead and the cause of that is accidentally turning the switch off because a plastic container or something else in a cupboard had knocked it off when somebody went rummaging about in there.

Plug behind a microwave, closing and opening the door can cause a fraction of an inch of movement and if the back of the microwave is touching the switch, that's all it takes to shut the power off..
Worth looking at it again

Thanks for the reply Terox

It's actually stopped working again.

I've checked the plug wall socket itself & that works ok. It's got a sealed plug on the FF, so I'm gonna change the plug itself now & see if I get any joy.

The appliance itself is free standing in a corner of the Kitchen, nothing at all on it or against it so not too sure what's going on.

Sponsored Links
Having ruled the above out then, you are looking for a fault on the control system or a loose connection in the wiring somewhere.

The fact that your bulbs are not working would point to the mains supply side of the appliance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back