Zanussi Model Numbers - is there any pattern?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do you know which Zanussi Models are better is there any reasoning or pattern behind the numbers?

I'm looking at getting a new Washing Machine and have narrowed it down to a few choices. Two of the choices are Zanussi machines, and Zanussi seem to get good reviews.

One is the Zanussi ZWG1140M (1400 Spin 6kg)

The other is the Zanussi ZWF16070W1 (1600 Spin 7kg)

They are both roughly the same price (the ZWF is approx £10 cheaper) So the ZWF has a faster spin, a greater capacity and it's cheaper. But looking at the pictures the ZWG looks a better machine (digital display etc)

Is there anyway to tell from the model numbers which are better? And would you agree the ZWG is a better buy?

My other choices are an Indesit WIXXE127 1200 7Kg for £189 or a Hotpoint WML720P for a touch over £200 again 7kg 1200.

Am I right that the Zanussi ZWG would be better than these others?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Electrolux kit (Electrolux, Zanussi, Tricity Bendix, AEG) is generally far better than Indesit kit (Indesit, Hotpoint, Ariston, Creda)

I always recommend simpler machines rather than fancy displays etc (more to go wrong) and the biggest capacity you can afford.

Personal preference is for the ZWF

If it makes any difference from further research it turns out the ZWF is only 6kg the description is wrong but the photos show it says 6kg on the front.

Looking at reviews I saw a few which complained that at 1600 it was to noisy, you could turn it down but the next setting down is 900 which is too slow.

I'm not sure what settings there are for the ZWG but it's top speed is 1400 so hopefully not as noisy.

So do you know if there is any pattern to the numbers etc?

Sponsored Links
You don't really need 1600rpm...it only means parts wear out quicker & the thing makes a more noise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back