what washing machine to buy - make\model?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hia,

As you may have seen from my other thread my washing machine has had it :( so I'm looking for a new one & have no idea what makes are good or bad or at least value for money - do any of you have any advice?

I could do with it being around £200 or cheaper
At least 1200 spin as we'll have no dryer now

I'm not really fussed about the rest of the specs as ours is pretty old so they all seem to be slightly better than the one that just died.

Not sure what else really - I guess at that price I won't get the best makes but if it makes such a difference I'd prefer to pay more now to save too many headaches later so feel free to tell me if I need to be thinking of paying more (and coming out with things like that last statement is why I'm asking on here instead of a salesman in comet!)

Anyway I was thinking of something like this one (HAIER-HW-C1460TVEME-U)

http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/374733/HAIER-HW-C1460TVEME-U

Any advice on what makes to go for or avoid as well as where to buy from would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
worto.

Sponsored Links
you do get what you pay for, cheap anything often means its cheap because of the cheap parts.

consider the following

what g tee is there

is it a famous brand (in other words are specific spares available)

will it physicaly fit

who will / can fix it afer g tee expires

are parts free for x time

dont bother it is made in china cost 20 a unit to make and ship buy a bosch 2 year gtee very reliable ,may cost 250 but saves years of hassle ,trust me on this one :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Best and most reliable are Bosch, or Miele if you can afford it.

Bosch do a basic, low-price one. Check John Lewis as they are keenly priced and offer cheap delivery and good warranty.

You may be able to get a Bosch extended warranty for it, application form will be in the owner's documentation pack (don't buy a warranty from the retailer) at a good price. If you ever have to pay for a Bosch repair it can cost hundreds :eek: luckily they are reliable,

I would go for Miele any time. Mine is 20 years old and still going strong. I know they are quite pricy but worth it. Some of my friends bought cheap machines at the same time and are now on their third one (so called bargain ones).

Simple answer to that one, anything cheaper than 200 quid is sheeite. If you want half decent, you will have to double your budget. If you want good, you will have to add more than double

I would go for Miele any time. Mine is 20 years old and still going strong. I know they are quite pricy but worth it. Some of my friends bought cheap machines at the same time and are now on their third one (so called bargain ones).

I had a Miele and whilst agree they last well, we were most disapointed in their actual washing abilities..
Our Boschs haven't lasted that long either both around 5 years each.

We read up on Which and this time bought a Zanussi which I must say is the best WC we've ever had wash wise at least

Cheers

Richard

Thanks for all the replies I have brought one now & went for the Bosch which was £250 down from £300 ish, I did read a few threads about Miele & everyone seems to reccomend them but when I looked into it they were way too much for my budget.

Thanks for the advice,
worto.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back