Zanussi Turbodry 1200 Washer Dryer Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After the valuable help I received yesterday in regard to my mixer tap, I have decided to try and solve (with your help!) the issue with my washer dryer.

A bit of history about the silly thing:

We bought the washing machine with the house and estimate that it's about 5/6 years old. The previous owners had the engineer (same engineer as below) change the drive belt in 2006.

In January this year, I had to have an engineer come out to remove 2 screws that had become lodged outside of the drum (need to check my pockets a bit better, clearly!)

Then once in use again, It began to leak all over the kitchen floor. Called said engineer out again, who said the waste pipe had become loose and charged again saying that it was a different problem - despite me not doing anything but try to wash after his last visit.

I am now rather reluctant to call him out again as it's getting expensive and frustrating, to say the least!

So now, it doesn't seem to be spinning the water out of the clothes. It was on a cycle recently and after the drying was finished, I was left with boiling hot and soaking clothes.

On occasion of leaving a few items in there after a wash, I have found the items at the bottom to be soaking.

I have read that it could be something to do with the brushes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
You should know if it spins the clothes after washing them!

Assuming it has spun them as dry as it possibly can for a spin then if it is not drying them it is likely that the cold water feed to the dryer is not working. This is one part of a three valve arrangement part that allows water into the machine.

The part costs about £25 and is accessible after removing the top cover.

Drying can be made worse if condensor clogs up with lint as well as the water valve problem. Iam sure this has been addressed elsewhere on forum. Try putting machine number in search form W1265JS etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back