Zanussi Vented Dryer problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased a second hand Zanussi ZDE57140W vented tumble dryer.
I checked it before we took the dryer and it worked okay. However, since we got it home, the dryer does not work. Well, to be accurate, it has operated twice. If I turn the dial to any program or timed option, there is a slight 'click' after a couple of seconds and this repeats every few seconds.
Any help or advice welcomed and gratefully accepted

Sponsored Links
Have you looked in the back or underneath to see if you have pulled any wires off in transit.

I understand there is a diagnostic check that can be run but I can't find details of how it is done. Can someone tell me how its done please?

With the program selector at off,press and hold start button and nearest option button, at the same time rotate the selector clockwise pausing briefly at each program for eleven clicks you should then get a series of red and green flashes indicating the fault code.

Sponsored Links
I suppose I should have asked where to get an interpretation of the fault code. No red lights the green start light flashes four times and the one by the dial five times. Appreciate the help btw.

That indicates a motor related fault.Take the lid off,start the dryer and give the drum a push.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back