Zanussi washer drier switch panel removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to replace the main on/off switch on my 19 year old Zanussi WDT 1275B washer drier. I’m 100% confident that the switch is at fault, so don’t need help with diagnosis.

To replace the switch I need to remove the full length plastic panel that contains all of the switches and the detergent drawer.

I’ve taken off the top panel and pushed the 5 plastic tabs under the galvanised frame at the front. I’ve tried to do the same via the four slots in the metal front panel just below the plastic panel I’m trying to remove. Finally, I’ve removed the single screw in the detergent drawer recess.

The panel is trying to come away but I wonder if it’s being held in by the remaining switches. I’m reluctant to ‘persuade’ it any more as I’m concerned about breaking any of the remaining switches or the panel itself.

I’m sure that with all the badge engineering on white goods, many machine panels are the same. Any advice from anyone who’s done this before would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Veveo.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back