ZANUSSI WASHING MACHINE ...No fast spin ? Please Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have a Zanussi F1245W which washes perfectly, but when it starts its fast spin, the drum starts to accelerate and then suddenly stops, almost as if the power supply is switched off. Then the drum rotates more slowly and then the 'process' is repeated twicw more before the machine switches 'off' (ie end of cycle) The pump is continually operating during the spin cycle.

I have checked the 'waste' supply to the pump, the filter and the 'exit' pipe from the pump....no blockages.
The pipe from the pressure switch was removed and blown through, no restriction.
I removed the brushes, they seem OK, free movement of the 'carbons' (carbons approx 30mm outside housing). Cleaned carbon dust off the 'brush contact area' on the motor armature.

No improvement. :(

Are the brushes long enough? Is there something else it could be? Is the motor controlled by this circuit board (please see picture)
All help gratefully received, thank you :)

Regards David

Sponsored Links
Can't really help with your problem, but I think that's a picture of the timer/programmer module, the pcb that controls the motor looks like the first two pictures on this thread and on our m/c was located at the back in the bottom right hand side (I know it's not exactly the same model but hopefully it will be similar).

Good luck!

Thank you for your help Rjp :) but the control for the motor is not seperate , the wires lead to the PCB in the photo.

There is a short spin cycle that does work but the long spin (the usual spin after many of the rinse cycles) is still doing the same thing. It starts to spin but once it has accellerated to the top RPM there is a 'click' (relay ?) from the PCB. It suggests to me that an abnormal 'signal' is switching the motor off prematurely. I think I'm right in saying that a Triac helps control speed, would a faulty one give these symptoms??

I have checked the 'tacho assembly' on the end of the motor, the magnet is in place, the 'ring' assembly (with 2 wires) visually, looks fine but do not know how to test it electronically. Again I am assuming that if faulty the spin speed 'signal' might be 'tripping the relay'. Out of desperation I removed the 'ring' from the motor and re-tried the fast spin cycle, (I appreciate that the RPM of the motor would be then higher than it should be, but I had my finger on the 'off' button just in case) However, it still clicked off just as it reached a fast spin.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP, It is a good machine and I am determined to sort it out. THANK YOU

Regards David

The timer/pcb fitted to that machine does have a fault giving the symptons you have described.I would normally get an exchange unit from EMW Electronics in Mansfield.They will also let you return it for a small handling charge if it does not cure it.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the advice Assuhors :) ,
If all else fails I will certainly get in touch with them. I was hoping to replace any defective components myself. I have checked for 'dry joints' and now was thinking of replacing the triac and or relay (perhaps sourcing them from Maplins....they seem quite cheap)

If any one has any advice about PCB 's I would appreciate your comments, thank you

Kind Regards David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back