Zanussi washing machine stops mid cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help with fault diagnosis on a Zanussi Washing machine.

The wash cycle proceeds as normal until it stops just prior to rinse. If the switch is moved on by hand the cycle will progress through rinse, spin and drain, as for a normal wash but stopping each time with the switch needing to be moved on to the next click by hand.

With the wash cycle started at 'B' or 'C', it stops usually at 'F', sometimes a little bit before. From position 'D' the cycle will not start.

The retail model is Aquacycle 1000 FLA 1002W. Purchased in 2002. I removed the timer switch (AKO type 513 316 132 0558 10) for inspection, the two PCB relays appear to be ok. I've cleaned the drain filter. I'm unsure what to look at next.

SAM_0869.JPG
SAM_0873.JPG

Sponsored Links
With the help of an ebay seller, traced this to a faulty cold inlet valve. Replacement solenoid in the post. I'm fairly confident it will solve the issue.

Machine has separate H+C inlets. It would fill for the wash on hot inlet, then shut down due to absent cold inlet for the rinse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back