Zanussi washing machine - transit bolts ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just recieved new Zanussi ZWF14380W washing machine

zanussi_zwf14380w.jpg

In the manual it says remove any transit brackets or bolts before use.

It says nothing on if or where any are fitted or what type, and the Zanussi website is pretty useless when it comes to support.

Just had a first light load run and it leapt around a bit on the spin cycle - so I aborted the programme and stopped it.

Presume then that it DOES have something fitted ?

There are 3 bolts on the rear with large black rubber bushes which presently hold on the cable / pipe clips - would these be the offending items I should remove ?

I wont use it again until I am sure, as I dont want to damage anything, hoping that I havent already.

Many Thanks

Gerry

Sponsored Links
Yes those rubber bushes with bolts in are the transit bolts.

In the pack that comes inside the drum with the guarrentee etc there is a plastic sprue with three parts on it which go in the holes when the rubber bushes are removed.

Usually there is a seperate single sheet showing this in the instructions.

Check underneath as well as I have found the odd one of these with a polystyrene block under the motor which needs to be removed. (not very often but occasionally)

Thanks Leccy, removed the bolts and checked underneath the motor (nothing) and beneath the top just in case. Jiggled things around a bit and it looked to be all free - stuck it on a spin cycle to check and now it runs as smooth as you like :D

Maybe the transit bolt instructions were attached to the outer packaging - John Lewis delivered it and unwrapped it before taking away the old one - thinking they may have taken it with them.

Many Thanks

Gerry

Are you kidding??? I did the same as you. On the 1600 spin cycle the machine nearly blew itself apart. Its shape went from rectangular to a parallelogram that oscillated from side to side, like a large Earthquake. I had to stop it and phoned the vendor and then they told me about the fricking bolts!!!
I should have filmed it on you tube. The machine was dancing through the kitchen area and nearly blew itself apart.

Credit to the Zanussi range, they are built very strong. The bolts came out intact and the plastic also. The machine now whistles quietly at 1600 with hardly any vibration or noise.

Sponsored Links
Using a washer without removing the transit bolts is akin to running it with a couple of house bricks in the drum. It can wipe out your washer & half the kitchen...spooky stuff :eek:

It was very scary. I can only compare it to an experience in my college days at Lafayette college when some dopey guy set the pressure of the keg (iron barrel of beer) too high at Zeta Psi fraternity. It sheared and exploded hitting the basement roof and I felt the entire building move. When I saw the washing machine dancing and deforming like that it reminded me of this incident that nearly blew this guy's head off at the bar.

I have gathered that you remove the bolts from the rubbers bit - but do you actually remove the rubber plugs? If I do this the drum moves like its got ADHD and the stupid plastic white plugs out the drum don't actually fit anywhere!!!

Stupid thing please help no diagrams or separate instruction

Great answer to help with my machine, new today! Many thanks. All 3 bolts come out with rubber bushes, long plastic spacers and plastic hooks which hold pipes for delivery. Set all aside.
Now locate (in pack with literature) new plastic bungs with covers and insert. Check that drum is now freely swinging on its springs.

Agree - diagrams/instructions woefully inadequate. Zanussi pull your socks up!

I'm glad to see i'm not the only twit who did not know about the transit bolts. I just plumbed it in and put a wash on and when it came to the spin it went mad and came out of the hole it was in shaking violently and tearing new floor lining I had put down in the morning. And then it turned itself around and went back in the hole it was something like out of the poltergeist !!.

Why oh why do the instructions on the leaflet not say anything about this? I shall be complaining to Zanussi and asking the supplier to point it out to everyone...... Bloomi' stupid

Why oh why do the instructions on the leaflet not say anything about this? I shall be complaining to Zanussi and asking the supplier to point it out to everyone...... Bloomi' stupid

Should be a big warning sticker on the front or side of the washing machine in an ideal world!.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back