Zanussi Washing machine ZWF 1237W

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Zanussi Washing machine ZWF 1237W. I was doing a woolens wash. Some hours later I came to unload it and found it had not finished, the led light had gone blank. I could open the door and the machine had water in it (but not up as far as the door).
I have tried pressing all the different buttons. Switched the machine off and on, but still I get no response from any of the control buttons and the led remains blank. The only thing that shows any life is the on/off button lights up when switched on.

I have drained the machine, removed the pump cover and checked the pump is rotating correctly - which it was and there were no objects in it and very little to clean off the cover.

Does anyone have any ideas? It is only about 2 years old and does not have excessive use - only about twice a week.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Try blowing out the pressure switch tube. remove from the switch end & blow down it, you could hear water bubbling in the pump. Then try from the other end & you should hear the switch actuating/deactuating.

Hi JJ4091,

Where/how do I find the pressure switch tube? Where does it run from? How much of the machine do I need to dismantle to access it?
Is there somewhere I can get a diagram of the works of the machine?

Thanks
Steuart

Sponsored Links
The pressure switch is sat on top of the drum or at least in that area it is a flat round device about 3 inch diameter & 1inch deep with several wires & the tube attached, the tube runs down to the drain pump housing & is about 10mm dia. You should be able to access the switch & top end of the pipe with just the top off, the easiest way to get to the bottom is by splitting the casing & removing the rear section. There is a screw at the bottom of each side( usually with a small round flip out cover over them), several at the rear & 4 at the top & you will need to unattach the hose assy but no need to remove it. Once you take the lid off it is fairly obvious. I think you will find getting any type of manual very difficult but if you search the spares sites you may find a spare part diagram.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back