Zanussi WJS 1265W E10 on dryer cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone shed any light on this - when I put the dryer cycle on the drum goes around for about 5 minutes, doesn't produce any heat tho, and the timer doesn't tick down at all. It then sticks on E10 error message. I have tried cleaning the filters as the book suggests.

The machine is just over 4 years old, is a Zanussi WJS 1265 W Washer/dryer.

Any help would be hugely appreciated, even if it is just making me a bit more knowledgeable so I don't get fleeced by a repairer. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
firstly not all of we repairers will fleece you. there are some good guys out there.
e10 means that there is a problem with the water supply.
a condenser dryer needs cold water to operate properly. the e10 code will appear if:
1. the water is turned off
2.the water pressure is too low.
3.the solenoid valve is open circuit
4.there is a problem with the pressure switch (least likely)

my money would be on the solenoid coil being open circuit. the coil can be canabalised from most valves although you may have to modify the connections.
if you decide that you want an original part then the number is
1249472-11/7

Thanks for that reply keithwasherman! - I should sound a bit more knowledgeable now (would sound better if I knew what the 'solenoid valve/coil' and 'open circuit' were tho?! If you have a sec that would be great.

Sorry if I sounded insulting to repairers - just bad experience that is all!

Thanks again

S

the solenoid coil is the electrical portion of the cold water valve which your hose is attached to. it will be a dual coil i.e. one coil opens the valve for wash and rinse water intake, the other opens the valve for your condenser. cold water is vital to a condenser dryer as it condenses the warm moist air and gets rid through your drain pump.
open circuit means that electricity cannot flow through the coil therefore the valve will not open. you need a multimeter to test it safely ( with machine unplugged). if there is no circuit then replace the coil.

Sponsored Links
Hi keithwasherman

I realise this is an old thread, but wondered if it was possible for you to tell me whereabouts the solenoid valve is? Also do you know where you can get hold of service manuals for Zanussi models?

Thanks

Cant help with the problem but there are 1258 views on this small thread?

Must be a common problem :D

cold valve is at the end of blue inlet pipe remove lid and you will see it .and you cant get service manuels only available to trade and are expensive :)

Hi there

I had this fault and when I found this thread I was chuffed.

I bought a new part online and have just tried fitting it. I thought I'd cracked it.

Now when I put a wash on the machine fills, looks like it's going to go, and then just sits there with the start button flashing. Bugger.

I carefully labelled the connectors and hoses so I know they've all gone back in the right place - any ideas?

Curiously, the dryer now works, but not washer side. Grr.

Thanks for any help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back