Zanussi WJS 1665 W Washer / dryer not drying.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help?

I have a WJS 1665 Washer dryer which does not start the drying cycle properly. The heater blower and the drain pump do not run but the drum operates as normal. After about 10 minutes I get an E10 error message suggesting that there is a water supply problem - there isn't a problem with this though ... and it washes fine.

I left the machine for a while last night after the fault started and it then dried OK, but the fault has now returned.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Ian

Sponsored Links
if yours uses a condensor (most do) it uses water to condense during the drying cycle, so if the 3rd valve is not letting in water you can have a water problem

You're right !!!

I've checked the water flow from the third solenoid valve (it's coloured green in my machine) during the drying cycle ... and there isn't any. I carefully poured some water into the condenser unit and the machine bust into life again. Either I've got a faulty valve, faulty wiring or a faulty control unit.

Many thanks

Ian

New Fill Valve fitted (the green one), all working OK now.

Ian

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

I just wanted to return some information, that may be of use to others.

I also had the problem of E10 on a Zanussi Jetsystem 1600 XC6 - Model WJD1667W - The dryer was not working.

After ringing the help line and getting forwarded to a call centre I was not happy with the response and qutoes for call out etc.

I browsed and this site came up and after searching for E10 a few posts came up.

The result was I took apart the green valve, gave it a tap, checked connections etc, and it still did not work. I then ordered a complete electric valve - 1249472117 from uk whitegoods at £23.90 all inclusive and it arrived in a few days.

I took the complete old unit out, and replced with this new unit and all is working again.

So, thanks for the original information on here, the family now has dry clothes again and not a damp house.

It seems like this is a bit of a common problem, so this information might be of use to others.

Regards J.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back