ZANUSSI Z949T DOOR INTERLOCK STUCK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I cannot open the door is there an over ride to release it?
And why is it staying shut?

Thankyou

Sponsored Links
is there any water / clothes still in m/c?

no idea of your m/c but if water still in it can cause door not to open (put m/c to spin to get more water out)

Thanks for your suggestion but there is only a small piece of cloth in there. I have cleaned out the filter so there is very little water and I have drained it again and again. The blasted door is still solidly shut.

When you say drained - did you just put it on the drain cycle? The other way to drain it is to take off the outlet pipe and let the remaining water syphon out into a bowl (at floor level).

Sponsored Links
There is no manual over ride to open the door on this model. However a very helpfull engineer at Electrolux / Zanussi told me how to open the door.

Tease a strong length of string under the door between the door and the body of the washing machine. Pull the string towards the door hinge. The string catches against the door catch and releases the door. Eureka open!

I have taken off all the broken parts to expose the catch and now a strong loop of cable which goes through the gap opens the door.

Thanks for your help with this problem.

Thanks for sharing the information - worth every penny for future reference. :)

Just had the same problem with my Zanussi the door catch was broken and I couldn't get in- using wire on the door catch worked a treat - many thanks

Thank you so much for the door opening trick... The latch on my Zanussi washer dryer (ZWD1271) has busted and as the door was stuck shut I couldn't get the product number to order a replacement part. You've just saved me from paying the washing machine man to open it - MANY THANKS!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back