ZANUSSI ZDC47100W Door reversal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Zanussi ZDC 47100W condenser dryer, but the door is hung on the wrong side for its position making it awkward to use properly.

The manual says a Zanussi technician should be used to reverse the door.

Is this because you have to change anything inside the appliance, or is it something that I can accomplish myself?

I am guessing that there will be a switch or interlock somewhere that needs swapping over to the opposite side. I am comfortable with doing this if it does not involve too much stripping down of the tumble drier !

Sponsored Links
It will say that in your user manual because it isn't really a DIY job. As well as changing the changing the door orientation the door interlock also has to change sides, which involves rerouting wiring etc. To do any of this the top & sides have to come off. It really depends on your skills & how happy you feel about rerouting wiring etc. The critical bit is the door interlock wiring, if you don't do it properly you could risk fouling the wiring in moving parts...then bang :eek:

depends where the door interlock is situated as some have them fitted to the top centre in which case it is not so bad a job.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, sounds like I shall give it a go then, I've changed a couple of washing machine door seals and motors over the years so as long as I dont rush into it and be methodical I should be ok.
Will take a good look before I start taking things apart though !

All done - door interlock is on the side, relatively simple to do if you take care and if you try it yourself remember to refix the wiring into its clips and refix the altered wiring so it cant get near the rotating drum.

Thanks guys

Hi,

Just saw this post and am trying to reverse the door on my ZDC47100W. Can you give a bit more info on how I go ahead with this? not adverse to having a go, but like a little direction if poss.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back