Zanussi ZWF 14280 Washing Machine Behving Weirdly

WSB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Switched on to a program as normal and the timer shows 1.25 time left.
It starts its program and gets down to 1.17.
Then for some reason the time then shows 1.25 time left again with the start/pause button flashing.
For the last week or so their has been a tapping noise which follows the speed of the drum spin speed with all washes but not sure if that is related to this same problem.
No error codes seen at all.
Any ideas folks?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I've run through the diagnostics and get error code E52, which I've established is:
E52: No signal from the motor tachymetric generator
or
E52: No signal from the tachymetric generator
Not sure what to do next.

E52 is indeed a tacho problem, either the motor, wiring or the pcb. Have you tried resetting the code & re-trying the machine in spin mode to see if you get the same code the next time you enter diagnostics. If you do I would disconnect & reconnect the plugs to the motor & pcb, preferably after using de-oxit ( or similar product ) on the pins in case it is just a poor connection

Thanks.
Had a closer look last night and a bit of Google research and reckon the brushes may be worn down.
According to what I read they should be at least 10mm and these are about 5mm.
I think that the noise I was referring to earlier was arching due to worn brushes.
Checked all connectors last night and they all looked good.

Sponsored Links
Yes that could well be the brushes if the motor is turning intermittently. Try replacing them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back