Zanussi ZWF1440W won't Wash problem - E34 Fault code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've got a problem with my ZWF1440W washer that since yesterday won't run any wash programme. It will spin & drain though.

I've now found that by pressing Start/Pause & Delay Start buttons together when a Wash programme is selected Fault code E34 is displayed.

What happens when try to get it to Wash:-
If I select say "Mini Wash 30" programme Wash, Rinse & Spin LEDs alight & 30 (mins) displayed as normal.
When I press Start button Rinse & Spin LEDs go out leaving only Wash LED alight. The machine clicks & pump starts to run for about 30 secs, display drops to 29 (mins) & some water is pumped out. Then there is a double click, Wash LED goes out, End LED comes on & display resets to flashing 0.

I've cleared out the pump cover & removed some grey flakey scale. I can't hear the machine filling with water on the wash cycle. I've checked the mains water supply & it is ok.

The Fault code E34 apparently indicates possible problem with the Pressure Switch(es).

I'd be grateful if anyone can confirm it is a Pressure Switch problem or if not has any ideas what could be causing this problem & how to resolve it?

regards, DaveN1952

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back