Hoover VHW964D E11 fault code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Our Hoover VHW964D washer dryer has an E11 fault code on the LED display. We can clear it by turning the power off at the mains and then it only appears after shutting the door when any wash/dry/rinse/spin mode is selected.

We've taken the clothes out, but it still has some water in the drum and fabric softener in the tray from when the wash cycle stopped half way through.

It's now out of it's guarantee period, is there anything that can be done to clear the fault without calling out a service engineer?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
E11 = Heater thermostat(s) popped, O/C element or break in wiring , NTC failure, or a pcb issue. Start by checking the thermostats on the heater box & measure the element resistance. Also check the spade connections to the NTC on the heater box, they have a habit of breaking off. To get to the above components turn the power off & remove the lid.

Thanks zipper

I've ended up taking the top panel off and found one of the wires to the dryer thermostat has broken off the spade connecter, so plan to fix it back on tomorrow.

It isn't a thermostat, it is an NTC. As I mentioned earlier this is a fairly common issue on some of these models. There is a workaround to stop it happening again but it involves installing a modification kit (new NTC & connector). Up to you...

Sponsored Links
Excellent! Many thanks Zipper. Just had this fault and unsurprisingly the Hoover site is no help. Wouldn't have found the problem without your comments as the broken wire was still in its cover.
Thanks again

It isn't a thermostat, it is an NTC. As I mentioned earlier this is a fairly common issue on some of these models. There is a workaround to stop it happening again but it involves installing a modification kit (new NTC & connector). Up to you...
Sorry to bump an old thread but was wondering if anyone can share any further info on this modification kit please?

I've replaced the sensor (or whatever the small silver rounded thing is) and that seemed to get me a fair few washes but it's now kicking up e11 again. Of course Hoover are being extremely unhelpful. Won't be buying any of their stuff again going forward.

Thanks in advance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back