Zion and the Art of Armageddon

I saw a bit of the Iranian attack last night. Not that wide field views of Tel Aviv or Jerusalem were much use. The number of streaks in the sky didn't appear to relate to a full blown drone attack.Some pundits saying well I got it wrong - this wasn't what I expected.

Iran launched more than 300 projectiles at Israel, comprising 170 drones, 30 cruise missiles, and 120 ballistic missiles, and that 99% of them had been intercepted by air defenses.

Sponsored Links
So IDF say more than 300 and a some ballistic missiles got through. Air base damages but still functional. There seems to be a view that Iran chose to use a measured response to draw a line under the embassy attack. Also the US will view it that way. No counter attack from Israel. However the G7 will be holding a meeting shortly. Not sure if any further embargoes can be placed on Iran. There seems to be a gang of 3 getting a mention. US,UK and France.

All from pundits. It seems some Israeli MP's are saying must retaliate.

Arab view. Attacking an embassy fine. Retaliating evil.

It's had an effect on Gaza reporting - more mentions as it's part of the seed for it all. The West Bank is cropping up more as well. I suspect the media will run out of steam on the attack. How long? Pass.

Sponsored Links
He argued that by bringing Western civilization to the region
It was Western civilisation that forced the Jews to look for a home in Palestine.
"Western civilisation" is now doing to the Palestinians what the Nazis did to the Jews.
Westrn civilisation is a myth.

. No counter attack from Israel
Israel will take its time.
They plan ahead for every possible scenario.
They have assets inside Iran itself.
Rather than a direct confrontation, it could take the form of bombing nuclear sites or using agents inside Iran to assassinate high value targets.

It was Western civilisation that forced the Jews to look for a home in Palestine.
No not really. It was western mainly UK that helped Jews to settle in Palestine aka the Promised Land to some.

Actually when Jews started moving around well prior to WWII most if not all countries shut off Jewish immigration. The Russian revolution helped them hence the past existence of Bolshevik Jews. Seems the Tsar wasn't too keen on them but pass on the accuracy of that as the Bolshevik faction also wanted to move.

No not really. It was western mainly UK that helped Jews to settle in Palestine aka the Promised Land to some.

Actually when Jews started moving around well prior to WWII most if not all countries shut off Jewish immigration. The Russian revolution helped them hence the past existence of Bolshevik Jews. Seems the Tsar wasn't too keen on them but pass on the accuracy of that as the Bolshevik faction also wanted to move.

The holocaust surely accelerated their exit from Europe?

No not really. It was western mainly UK that helped Jews to settle in Palestine aka the Promised Land to some
Wasn't it European anti semitism that brought the Jews to the conclusion that they had to have a state of their own.
My point was that Jew's have suffered more at the hands of so called Western civilisation than they ever did in the Middle East.

Last edited:
The holocaust surely accelerated their exit from Europe?
The period I mentioned was before that really got started. I'd need to go wiki reading again to set dates but I think it's mentioned in the one on the mandate period.

Iran threatening Jordan now.

Jordan's foreign minister Ayman Safadi said his country had summoned the Iranian ambassador to protest against Iranian comments that were an interference in the kingdom's internal affairs.
In remarks given to state-owned Mamlaka public broadcaster, Safadi was referring to comments in Iran's official media in recent days that warned Jordan would be the next target in the event it cooperated with Israel in a showdown with Iran.#

Sponsored Links
Back