Zipwax and a diy handjob...a much better idea

Sponsored Links
a bit of paint here and there and no one will notice :LOL:

Apparently neither insurance company wants to pay up. WHAT A SUPRISE!!!

Will be an interesting court case I suspect :!: :rolleyes:

A few years ago I was going out with a delivery driver for a motor-factor. She often had tales of this sort of thing happening. Someone drops off expensive car at independent garage thinking "Hehe, I'll save some money on the main dealer prices here!". Some idiot (usually an apprentice, but not always) decides to take it for a run, ends up damaging it. Everyone ends up unhappy.

To be honest, this guy is lucky that a) the car was written off and b) that they arrested the culprit.

If it is damaged but repairable, you end up with a vehicle that has been crashed. No car is the same afterwards.

Sponsored Links
An old mate many years ago, took fellow apprentices to his employers deserted garage one weekend.. ostensably to listen to the brand new Aston Martin just 'pre-delivered' for a customer ... Voom, voo oo oo oo oo ooom, voooooooClankveryExpensiveClatter ... Oh dear... silence enveloped in blue smoke ... He was forgiven believe it or not !!
Apparently she sounded fab until... some parts divorced each other.
:D :D :D :D

I think the owner would have thanked him for that: better it happen at a garage than halfway across Europe! :LOL:

Owner a little peeved .. would be an understatement .. Luckily a good friend of the garage propriator ...
Luckier still, the apprentice went on to become a top Lotus and BMW factory trained techy, becoming a Weber carb tuning wizard due to the Lotus involvement.
BTW He owned a 'Norfolk' built, Mk2 Lotus Cortina ... Now that was a musical engine, 'twink' or 'twinner' plus Webers, without airbox silencing.. lovely warble.
;)

Sponsored Links
Back