Zone Valve - fitted correct way ?

Sponsored Links
To be advised Softus.
I'm in the office so will have to go round and check tonight.
It's a sealed case Potterton Netaheat 10/16. Will I be able to do as described and see the heat exchanger from the top ?

In the matime I'll stop with the guesswork !

Here is a diagram of the Netaheat, viewed from behind

It would be helpful if you could check which connections are used and where the other end of each pipe goes to.

Here is a diagram of the Netaheat, viewed from behind

It would be helpful if you could check which connections are used and where the other end of each pipe goes to.

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you - time of year and all that ! Plus I work for a certain kitchen supplier which has gone out of business so not great ! Anyway . . .

Pipe A in the photo goes to 1. Pipe is hot.
A 22mm pipe runs under the floor, can't be seen in the photo, and runs to 2. This is also hot.
A 15mm pipe goes to 3, it's cold. Would this be the water supply ?
4 is a drain cock.

Sponsored Links
connection 1 on boiler should be the flow, if it is then the pump is the wrong way round. connection 3 on boiler is sometimes a cold feed, by your photo looks to have a cold feed also (point c). if it is the cold feed then it should be between the vent and pump

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you - time of year and all that ! Plus I work for a certain kitchen supplier which has gone out of business so not great !
Sorry to hear that. :(

In that case, if the pump direction is upwards, please turn the pump the other way up.

This will also have the effect of putting the cold feed and the vent in the correct sequence.

After that, test the system and re-assess what's working and what isn't.

A 22mm pipe runs under the floor, can't be seen in the photo, and runs to 2. This is also hot.
4 is a drain cock.

But, according to you photo, you already have a cold feed - pipe C!

The Netaheat installation manual shows two approved connections:

Method 1
1=Vent
2=Flow
3=Cold feed
4=Return

Method 2
1=Vent and Flow
2=Not used
3=Cold Feed
4=Return

4 is a drain cock.

But, according to you photo, you already have a cold feed - pipe C!

The Netaheat installation manual shows two approved connections:

Method 1
1=Vent
2=Flow
3=Cold feed
4=Return

Method 2
1=Vent and Flow
2=Not used
3=Cold Feed
4=Return

Aaargh !
I'll double check these, and take a photo if possible.
There is certainly a draincock around postion 4.

Thanks for you collective patience all - I think I still need to get to the bottom of the system before trying to change anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back