Zone Valve??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am on installing underfloor heating but can see a problem that im hoping someone can give me a simple answer to.

This is a link tio what i want to do:

http://www.underfloorheatingdiy.co.uk/wiring_boiler.html

Its the bottom diagram. (without a boiler)

Anyway my problem is i dont have a zone valve in my heating system apart from the one supplied with my underfloor heating. If by using the underfloor heating controls to heat the underfloor only (turn on the boiler), the rest of the heating system will heat up as there is nothing to restrict the flow.

Is there anyway i can get round this? I know some one will just reply yes put a zone valve in, but as a DIY man im not upto speed on best way to do this.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately the answer is as you suspected. The bottom diagram is self explanatory and clear.

Once the heating system is drained it would be an easy job to cut in the extra 2 zone valves.

The wiring is also fairly straight forward, just follow the standard Honeywell wiring diagram for a 'S' plan system.

More information needed - do you have:

. a combi boiler
. a cylinder
. a room thermostat

:?:

If it's a combi then you could just add one zone valve and wire it as an S plan system with the underfloor masquerading as the DHW circuit.

If not a combi then it's similar to S plan but with more than one heating zone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back