Zoned Heating in place not wired, Help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have moved into a one off built house, the heating is plumbed for two zones but the the actuator valves have never been wired. With most of the in place, I need a bit of help to finish the system off.
Here's what I do have.
2 X two way valve/actuators for up and down stairs heating (not wired to anything)
1 x three way valve for HW and CH (not wired to anything)
Hot water tank with two immersions. (immersions not wired to anything)
Currently the water is heated by oil burner.
There is a wall mounted time and switches for the sink/bath immersion power, currently not connected to immersions.

I am about to order 2 Honeywell cm67rf wireless room thermostats and receivers to fit to the up/downstairs actuators, and someone told me I will need a strap on cylinder thermostat to complete the system. But I'm lost as to how the 3 way actuator is used.
I would like to heat the tank with the boiler without heating the rads but also heat the tank with the immersion.
Can anyone suggest a suitable plan for this, thanks a million
[/img]

Sponsored Links
get rid of the three port valve, replace with a two port valve, this will give you three seperate zones to work with, the strap on cylinder stat will then actuate the two port valve for the hot water ,why do you want to heat water by more expensive electricity? normally the immersion heaters are for back-up

If you have 2 x 2 port valves for ch and a 3 port for h/w and ch do you mean you actually have 3 ch zones and not just upstairs/downstairs plus hot water?

Do you have a underfloor circuit by any chance or a mains un-vented hot water cylinder.

it could be a heath robinson attempt for zoning in that the 3 port will open for ch/hw or both then ecah 2 port will control individual zones. In this cas 3 x 2 ports would be all that are needed as previous reply.

Please give more info on your complete system.

Top immersion will be wired to 'on peak' top up/boost side of E7 timer whilst bottom immersion will be on E7 night time side.

As previously said immersions are usually just for back up.

has this been a botched DIY job before you moved in? Why wasn't it finished?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back