Zoning out radiators using RF TRV valves ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a new heating system but unfortunatly my contractors (now sacked contractors) didn't do things as they should have done. Its quite a large heating system and they should have zoned radiators out to diifrent areas off the house They didn't…. !! unfortunately I'm to far in to start ripping pipes out from behind walls.

I finished the heating system myself and commissioned it and it does all work all rads heat up ok.

i have read about Honeywell Evohome Zoning could this be used or is there anything else on the market ? or a different way off doing it i figure i should be able to zone my house off as i want using some sort off automated TRV Valves. ill list the rooms below

Ground Floor

Kitchen - 1 Plinth blower <-- Might have to leave this out off the system
Reception - 1 rad
Office - 1 rad
Dining - 1 rad
x2 Living Rooms - 1 rad in each
Stairwell - 1 rad
Downstairs Toilet - 1 towel rail

1st Floor

Master bedroom / Dressing Room 1 rad each
Bed 2 - 1 rad
Bed 3 - 1 rad
3 Bathrooms - 3 towel rails
Landing 1 rad

2nd Floor
Bed 4 - 2 rads (large room)
Bed 5 - 1 rad
Bed 6 - 1 rad
2 Bathrroms - 2 Towel rails
Landing - 1 Rad

I had planed to separate the house as follows i was intending to not zone any of the towel rails ? opinions ????

Zone 1 - Entrance / Reception / Living Room / Kitchen (3 rad 1 Plinth Blower)
Zone 2 - Living Room 2 / Office / Dining Room ( 3 rad )
Zone 3 - Stairwell / 1st & 2nd Floor Landing ( 3 rad )
Zone 4 - 1st Floor Bedrooms ( 4 rad )
Zone 5 - 2nd Floor Bedrooms (4 Rad )

Id like to have a temperature set point for each zone for example zone 3 could have a lower set point as its not a living area zone 5 is all guest rooms so 90% off the time aren't used again they could have a much lower set point id also like to have a set point scheduler, so during the day i can set zones 1 & 2 higher and the unused bedoorms on the first floor lower then in the evening this would switch id want to be able to set downstairs at a lower temp and the bedrooms to have priority.

Look Forward to a reply

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
Evo is awesome and the best of doing as it can control the boiler.

Otherwise.

Danfoss has a system as do Peglar. Peglars are ugly but work well and have PC programming if you buy the dongle.

Danfoss are prettier, but harder to set up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back