Zoo shower mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just had a bathroom installed, and today was the first day to try out the shower.

When I started it up, the left hand knob on the mixer turns the water on and off, and the right hand knob controls the heat. When its centered, it should be 38C, but its either freezing (15C) or very hot (50C). I had to make VERY minute adjustments in order to get it bearable (44C). What wrong with this stupid thing???

Sponsored Links
who installed it? Have you paid them?

50p says that you have a high-pressure (mains) cold and a low-pressure (tank) hot

Unless it's been fitted the wrong way round.

i do have a high pressure cold (VERY HIGH) and my hot goes through the boiler. No i havnt paid.

Whats the remedy?

Can you access pipework to see if it has been fitted right way round

Sponsored Links
I removed bath panel, and ran the cold bathroom tap and this ran HOT.I noted that there is a T section, which goes up to the cold side of the mixer!!!!!!!!!

plonker's fitted it the wrong way round. Shouldn't take him long to put it right.

i dont know,plumbers, oh well!!

BTW, lets assume he fixes it, and it same issue continued, what could it be. Why would have a high pressure cold water and a medium pressure ht water screw it up????

Thanks

If it is a thermostatic valve, and you have the hot water connected to the cold inlet, the thermostat will try to correct for an excessively hot mixture by closing what it thinks is the hot, and opening what it thinks is the cold. however it will be opening the wrong one, so will end up being either far too hot or far too cold, uness you are able to balance it exactly in the middle.

Changing the pipes over will fix that problem.

If your hot water comes through a combi boiler then it will be at the same high pressure (although flow might be lower) so the other problem I mentioned will not occur.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back