Blessed LEDs!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Blessed bloody LEDs !

Fitted loads of JCC LED 7s. Great bits of kit.

Just fitted two into a shower cubicle, with a manrose centrifugal fan. The fan is a non timed version, but have fitted the manrose external timer module (bought loads of these when a certain site had them priced incorrectly!). They are ideal for use with expensive centrifugal mixed flow fans etc.

Anyway.

With the timer module in place, the fan works as expected, but the LEDs flash every few seconds.

Grr! Connect fan with no timer, all is good.

[/list]

Sponsored Links
Connect the LEDs through an FCU with a neon. The neon normally works a treat for draining the stray voltage that causes LEDs and CFL's to pulse when switched off.

Or 100n X2 rated cap connected SWL to N at the driver input

Not tried either. Was thinking of trying a contactor or relay. While these only require a tiny current to operate, they are essentially very low resistance until they do operate, when the magnetic field of the coil chokes the current back.

I wonder if this would sink the current.

Sponsored Links
Or 100n X2 rated cap connected SWL to N at the driver input
A slightly better option is a contact suppressor with a resistor in series with the capacitor. Very often the resistor is fusible and will go open circuit if the capacitor goes short circuit thus preventing a mini eruption.

Capacitor 0.047uF micro Farads 250 volts AC in series with a resistor 100 ohms Which come pre-packaged as a contact suppressor from RS Components RS Stock No. 206-7847 Manufacturer Evox-Rifa Manufacturers Part No. PMR209MB5470M100

There are other sources of contact suppressors

Danlers do a suppressor for the job, which is essentially a cap and resistor in series. Their part number "CAPLOAD" I believe. Think I will blag one of those from the rep...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back