Double Standpipe

L

longdogs

Is there any reason this wouldn't work? I have to connect a dishwasher and washing machine to the same waste but space is limited to have two separate standpipes and space is tight under the sink for double spigots.

View media item 78811

To be honest, I have a similar set up in my own kitchen which I fitted in my early years of DIY and its never caused a problem but I can't see this method recommended anywhere.

Sponsored Links
You could try Trap and washing machine spigot

wastewithspigot221.jpg

Sponsored Links
Is there any reason this wouldn't work? I have to connect a dishwasher and washing machine to the same waste but space is limited to have two separate standpipes and space is tight under the sink for double spigots.

View media item 78811

To be honest, I have a similar set up in my own kitchen which I fitted in my early years of DIY and its never caused a problem but I can't see this method recommended anywhere.

Recently installed something very similar to that. Running trap plus 2 stand pipes. No problems so far.

If space is more limited, I make something up with a 40mm tee, two 45 degree angles and two lengths of pipe to form a 'Y' shaped double machine/dish washer waste.

I had a very similar setup in my kitchen for many years. I have no idea if it was to regs or not but it worked fine, never caused any problems, no smells or syphonage.

of course its not recommended...the manufacturers can sell two stand pipes instead of one running trap..

and yes it will work....

I've never known you being so cynical Alec - you're right of course ;)

syphonage will not occur with standpipes, because they are open to the air at the top, and the waste hose is a loose fit.

of course its not recommended...the manufacturers can sell two stand pipes instead of one running trap..

and yes it will work....

you would think that a double standpipe kit would be available seeing as its common to have two appliances.

Not heard about that, but like you say, anything to wriggle out of a warranty claim. Had Hotpoint out to my washing machine at 6 weeks old, it wasn't taking in hot water. Various excuses as to why not, including 'Modern machines don't need a hot fill'! So why fit it then? was my reply. Strangely enough, after the Hotpoint man had plugged his laptop in, and fiddled with the machine, it started to fill with hot water. Has done ever since, so don't now know if it was faulty or he switched the hot fill on..... :confused:

I could have got this wrong, but I seem to remember someone on here saying that manufacturers don't like either single or double spigot combined sink wastes, as the wastes get blocked with kitchen debris over time. Then the machines get problems pumping out against a partial or full blockage.

Or maybe I dreamt this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back