Honeywell ST699B replacement battery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive had this heating programmer for 20 years and it works fine unless I have a power cut, which happens out in the sticks occasionally. The the timing are all lost. I pressume there will be a battery inside and if so is it easily replaced without rewiring owt?

cheers

Sponsored Links
Almost certainly soldered to the PCB.

If you can solder, then sourcing a replacement should be easy enough.

yeh soldered onto pcb, replaceable if you know what your doing.

Sponsored Links
The ST699 battery is'nt soldered in, and is( or at least was 5 yrs ago as a spare). Contact Honeywell for a part no and availability.

The ST699 battery is'nt soldered in, and is( or at least was 5 yrs ago as a spare). Contact Honeywell for a part no and availability.
The really old ones had replaceable battery but new ones for about the last 10yrs or so now have had soldered batteries.

Early batteries were removable and Varta make a replacement for about a fiver. You could try Maplin among other suppliers.
Removing the timer from the backplate is a bit fiddly. Turn power of first.

Cheers. Ive managed to take the battery out. It wasnt solded in and is a varta 100 dko. Im gonna try a few places for a replacement. cheers.

Just ordered the replacement battery from cellpacksolutions .com £6.00 incl postage.

VARTA Mempac 3/V150H Rechargeable Battery

This is the new updated version of the battery.

Hopefully should save me £80.00 replacing the whole unit!

Cheers. Ive managed to take the battery out. It wasnt solded in and is a varta 100 dko. Im gonna try a few places for a replacement. cheers.

As someone else said, Maplin do them

I am in the same boat so interested in the outcome.. im just not sure if i can be bothered to fix it, given that its not switched off all that often

Eas to fix, theres a small hole bottom right hand corner, press a fine electric type screwdriver in and the bottom will come away. You can then pull the front off and slip out the battery out. Easy to put back.

Just think what if your away for a while in the winter and it was like last year and the power goes off. For 5mins work and 5 quid could save you loads of hassle.

My local maplin dont have it in stock so ordered online.

Got the battery slid it into original beige plastic body and back into controller. 5 min job and now works fine. so if theres a power cut the controller will retain the clock info and timings and switch heating on as soon as power is back on.

WHAT?!?!

The ST699 has a battery backup? THat's not mentioned in the manual for the one I inherited with the house... :evil: Every damn time I've shut off the power to do something, I'm forever having to stand there with my fingers pressing the buttons to reset the idiot thing.

RIGHT. When I get home, it's war. I was on the verge of binning the thing due to the sheer irritation of it not remembering anything then forgetting to reset it after an outage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back