Tiling in the Bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here’s the situation:

I currently have tongue n groove all around the lower half of my bathroom (put in by previous owner) & I wish to tile this half instead. Now I know it is not really ideal or advisable to tile directly tile onto wood tongue n groove; but on closer inspection the wall underneath is in a bad way; presumably why it was put up in the first place.

My plan is to remove the tongue n groove & then use the existing battens to either plaster board or aqua board the walls before then tiling. Does this seem like a sound plan or does anyone have a better idea?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You may be just as well throwing on a coat of Bonding plaster. As it is getting tiled over it does not have to be like a glass finish, in fact slightly rough or with a scratch finish will give better adhesion to the tiles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back