Faulty Gaggenau Hob

H

hotrod

Hi Guys,

I have a halogen hob, rating plate details are, Gaggenau CK 066-504 Total 6000W 240V AC. One of the controllers sheared off yesterday:-

It is the main one of four, and whilst still useable, I don't want to risk it failing completely whilst in the "on" position. Is there any chance I could source a spare? If so, any suggestions where from? Many thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
Have you tried the Gaggenau website??

They have a web shop for parts although your model isn't listed so I think you'll have to ring them.

Hi Nozspark,

Yes I looked on http://www.gaggenau.com/GB_en/service.do but like you say it's not listing my model. I think it's getting on for 20 years old so I'll have to phone them on Monday.

Got some right nice gear on their website haven't they? Ooooooooooh the temptation...... :cool:

Sponsored Links
If it's just the plastic knob which is broken and you can't get an exact replacement, you can probably get another similar one which will fit.
Get a set of 4, change them all, so it won't matter if they are a slightly different design.

Is it just the knob that's broken?

If the shaft it fits to is a standard size & shape (basically D shaped) you could try somewhere like Rapid Electronics or Farnell for a suitable replacement. You could replace all of them so that they match.

[edit]Doh![/edit]

20 years is a good innings, get a new one.

I have done some digging and it's been superseded with the CK260:-

I would have to replace it with this model due to the fact there is a Gaggenau built-in deep fat fryer in the same worktop cut out (they are physically connected). I can't get a cost for this hob online as Gaggenau are one of these companies who only deal through "authorised dealers" and keep prices "hush hush" but you can bet your bottom dollar it's going to be well in excess of £1k.

I'm loathed to part with that when the hob is functioning perfectly well even if it is nearly 20 years old.

Is it just the knob that's broken?

If the shaft it fits to is a standard size & shape (basically D shaped) you could try somewhere like Rapid Electronics or Farnell for a suitable replacement. You could replace all of them so that they match.

[edit]Doh![/edit]

Yes Bas, just the knob that's broken. I'll take a look at Rapid and Farnell - thanks. Now I also know the model it's been superseded by (see above) I may speak with the manufacturers on Monday and see if I can source a set of 4 that would be used for that model (if they are compatible). Should be fun getting my backside spanked on replacement parts. :rolleyes:

Can you get a 30cm pan on the front rings without it overhanging the controls?

I've checked with the cook and she say, "Yes" :LOL: . The front left and back right rings are considerably larger than the other two.

The kitchen design/layout necessitated the controls being front mounted. We have a deep fat fryer which is part of Gaggenau's modular cooktop appliance set. The fryer is sited directly to the righthand side of the hob, ergo the controls had to be front mounted.

Hmm.

To scale - 30cm pans centred on the front rings:

1ku6.jpg

I've always been suspicious of hobs with controls on the same plane as the cooking surfaces, as they usually seem to have been designed by complete tw @s who think that appearance is more important than making something which is actually usable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back