wallpapering a ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone give me any tips on wallpapering a ceiling with lining paper

Sponsored Links
ive never wall papered a ceiling but one thing i was told is also paste the ceiling aswell as the paper.

jbonding said:
ive never wall papered a ceiling but one thing i was told is also paste the ceiling aswell as the paper.

Thats true....it adds to the suction giving you more time to play around with the paper.

Marsh......there are so may things to tell you about papering a ceiling, actually putting the paper on is the easy bit..its all the other things you need to do beforehand to make life easier for you.

And because every ceiling is different the way you go about the job is different too.

A part of my business was teaching DIYers how to do things like that, people who have never even papered before, let alone a ceiling..and as I said its all down to the set up.
You will be surprised how easy it is once you have done the basics.

One thing that is important is where you start, you dont want to end up trying to put in an inch wide strip along a wall..if I can I always start so the first piece goes halfway across a ceiling rose (the light fitting) then work either way..

The shape of the room is also important, as is the type of paper, blown vinyls are notorius for showing the joints...so you may have to work from a certain point so they arnt noticable when your standing in the door way for instance.

So many aspects...

So...(if its not out of order with admin/mods..I dont see this as advertising...im not ..but the notes are on word docs) if you want to e mail me I will send you back the note i used to give to customers when I was in the game as a painter.
If anyone esle want them they are more than welcome...theres stuff there about crosslining walls too.

Oh..F.O.C i might add..

Just glad to help out...

Hi Zampa,
I wouldn't mind a copy of that document if you don't mind. Where do I get your e-mail address?
Cheers,
Gcol

Sponsored Links
Its on my profile..

Anyone else?....its free! lol

I feel daft asking this because it's probably staring me in the face, but how do I view your profile?
Cheers,
Gcol

you want 13 which is here

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back