How good are topps tiles.................. HA HA HA HA HA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a customer on the phone and they have had a go at fixing thier own floor tiles in their bathroom.
300 x 300 porcelain tiles on to ply overlay floor. Who can guess at what adhesive topps tiles suggested ?????????????????????????????????????????

You will never believe it..........

Green star Yes you saw it GREEN STAR.

My customer was wondering why the tiles are still moving 2 weeks later.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sponsored Links
thats all very well for you to say, (and understand) but like myself i dont suppose any one know what greenstar is, would be nice if you could give more info when you slag some one off

I don't believe a word of that.That's the second slag-off you've had at Topps Tiles expense today.Give us all a break. :mad:

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
Must be your local branch -

I've just bought a grands worth of tiles from Topps, picked em up yesterday from Taunton - They recommended BAL. In fact I didn't see any ready mixed guff in the store.

Can't get any better than that.

I've just bought a grands worth of tiles from Topps, picked em up yesterday from Taunton - They recommended BAL. In fact I didn't see any ready mixed guff in the store.

My experience also; used Topps a few times for tiles but I don't generally buy adhesive/grout from them (won't use anything but BAL) as their prices are too high; usefull source if your in a spot though!

My experience also; used Topps a few times for tiles but I don't generally buy adhesive/grout from them (won't use anything but BAL) as their prices are too high; usefull source if your in a spot though!
Chaps, Greenstar is wall tile adhesive made by Bal. Topps do sell their pre-mixed tackle.
You would have thought the cusomer would have read the instructons on the tub before using it.

I might be a bit late on this topic but I have used Topps tiles on 4 jobs and had no problem. Used their own Topps adhesive for wall tiles with no problem and when I told them I would buy adhesive from Builder center they undercut buildercenter prices. So its worth haggling about price on their own brand stuff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back