would you hold a grudge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
few week ago a young lad broke into our yard put the side windows through in four vans, and nicked the tools he was caught and giving 60 hours community services ,last week one of our guys came across him at the local shop, with his mates the lad started giving it large, so our guy gave him a slap ,some of the tools were his and we never got any back. the lad said he would get his dad to sort out our guy ,and as sure as hell dad knocks on his door shouting the odds our guy gave him the same as his son got ,now the guy,s brother who we all know in a right son of a b#### says he will rip our guys head off . all lads at work are fired up to do the brother damage if he shows his face :eek: ,one of our lads says we should let bygones be bygones, as the lad done 60 hours,but never gave the tools back, :cry: we know no-one in family works. what would u do :confused: if it was your tools, :confused: the lad is and always will be a gobs### :( a chip of the old block ;)

Sponsored Links
I would hold a grudge, I wouldn't let bygones be bygones, but I wouldn't do anything that could end up with you in the court, you have to let it go, but wouldn't it be great if he relies on you for help one day, good for your guy giving him a slap but lets hope it doesn't get him into trouble.

Sponsored Links
Yep..id hold a grudge and you guy done the right thing IMO...not saying everyone should do it, some people just aint cut out for that type of thing.

Scum like that laugh at official justice...they dont laugh at a good kicking

Doesnt take much working out does it.

Oh and a theif is bad enough...a tool theif is the absolute vermin of the earth.

trouble is if another brother / uncle comes and gets slapped by your guys then next time your yard gets burnt to ground and/or you get lots of them turning up causing hassle, last thing your gonna need.

do onto them as they do onto you...what goes around comes around..Wouldn't it be a shame if their vehicle got worked over at 2 in the morning.How many more people as got it in for the same family...and how much does the extra cost in no claims bonus on the insurance cost.

do onto them as they do onto you...what goes around comes around..Wouldn't it be a shame if their vehicle got worked over at 2 in the morning.How many more people as got it in for the same family...and how much does the extra cost in no claims bonus on the insurance cost.

But do it first!

My van has been turned over three times since I moved here (5yrs ago), I don't leave any tools on it overnight now.

I haven't had the lock mended since the last time (18months ago) and have since found my van open and ransacked twice (not that a casual observer would notice the ransacking ;) ).

On the one hand I wish I could catch them at it - I'm sure it's someone who can see my van from their house - on the other hand I don't want to go to prison for a scumbag.

Somebody said earlier that a tool thief is real scum - or words to that effect - but who's worse, the tool thief or the "brother" tradesman who buys them cheap off the local fence?

However tempting it is, don't buy used tools from dodgy sources (car boot sales included), and they will soon lose their second-hand value.

on local news last nigth, two guys catch a guy in there yard. they hang him upside down of there fork lift as a lesson till polic come he was not hurt,he walks free they get 6 months suspend for two years :evil: happy chrismas mr policmam, from the public you serve i home this little scumbag sleeps well knowing you will do all in your power to keep him save :cry: :evil: as we s### our self trying to protect our homes etc, nice to know your pay raise is held up :LOL: :LOL:

However tempting it is, don't buy used tools from dodgy sources (car boot sales included), and they will soon lose their second-hand value.

I agree with you 100%

A guy (builder) I know was approached in a pub by a guy offering secondhand tools so he and his brother went to look at these tools in the back of this guys van, the guy admitted the stuff was nicked :eek: as if it would improve the chance of a sale :eek: . As the bros had only had their van turned over a few months earlier they gave him a bit of a slapping.

What goes around comes around (hopefully)

billyo
i think that matey sold your mates tools while he was on his phone, driving his car..

i wonder how you feel if i say i find it socially acceptable if that matey nicked the tools!
'''''''''''''''''''''''''
i run closer to personal responsibility and zero tolerance..
good on your work mate for giving him a smack, he did us all a favour :)

Hi,

Whilst being violent can you make you feel better, it ends with more violence.

I have spent 3 years (wasted) of my life for thinking 'I will show that bloke my anger'. As said, scumbags like that are not worth a pasting I used to dish out. I have a new life now with a beautiful wife and family, and whilst the anger is there the conviction is not.

Leave it alone before this situation gets out of hand as you may end up (in my case) doing something that hurts not only you but all those around you.

Dave

Do you guys have insurance against theft?

Walk away, make a claim and stay alert.

Sponsored Links
Back