Travertine wet room floor + Warmup system - is this right?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our wet room is nearly done, just got to tile the floor.

Concrete subfloor left to go off for three months, then thermal board ontop, then tanked using Dunlop system.

Warmup DWS400 wire laid out and taped down, floor tiles all cut to size in a pile waiting to go down.

Question: in the Warmup instructions it specifically says to use an adhesive and grout "with flexible additive".

I've got a bag of Unibond Tile on Floor Rapidset+ powdered adhesive, which says suitable for wet rooms and underfloor heating but I can't find the word "flexible" on it anywhere.

What do you reckon - ok to use or not?

Sponsored Links
Personally, the only Unibond product that I would entertain is their PVA.
Sounds like you've spent the time and money to do the job well - don't blow it using sh*te adhesive. ;)

Thanks - was going to do it tonight, but thought I'd hang fire and check it out first. I don't even remember buying it.

With Mapei Keraquick must you use their latex to make it flexible?

Sponsored Links
Just an update on this: got some suitable Mapei today, found it good to work with. It flows nicely, I got them all down in time but noticed that it does go off quicker than you might like. I had all the tiles laid out in order and to hand to help cut down on "dicking around" time and this certainly helped as you seem to have half an hour to get them down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back