Anyone with experience of Sabre boiler flues?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Where does the restrictor ring go in the flue? I can see nowhere in the flue which will allow it.

Also do I put the supplied spigot ring in the elbow joint on the face which meets the actual boiler?

boiler.jpg

Sponsored Links
usually in the space at the top of the boiler where the flue goes

and i must remind you if your not reg blah blah blahh and of course blah :LOL:

Apart from the legal sides of working on a gas appliance, sticking the restrictor in is something that needs to be done just right, or it can start endless problems with some boilers. I would really advice to leave this bit to the installer.

Ok. I might leave that bit then for the gas safe guy when he connects the gas supply.

Sponsored Links
looking at your drawing you may not need the restrictor.

Good point, the resistance caused by the length of the flue could well make the restrictor obsolete.

Depends on the flue lenght but in most case the one fitted to the boiler is fine however there is a table in the MIs that tells you exactly.

BTW, there will be one in the boiler already fitted so don't make the mistake of thinking there isn't one in there.

From the manual:

"FLUE RESTRICTOR RING (horizontal flue)
To ensure maximum efficiency of the appliance,
it may be necessary to fit one of the supplied
flue restrictor rings to the appliance flue outlet
(see tables below).

Total flue length Restrictor required
Less than 1.2 metre 82.5mm diameter
Less than 3.0 metres 88mm diameter
Less than 4.5 metres not required"

Mine is less than 3m but more than 1.2m, so I need the 88mm restrictor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back