Combine 2 flat supplies in to 1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend has a basement & ground floor flat which are now converted in to 1 and wants to combine the 2 incoming supplies, meters & CU's and get rid of his old rewireable units.
EDF have been very vague with their help and advice and he's asked me what he should ask them to do.
I'm going to suggest he instructs them to decommission one meter and ensure the remaining one is adequate for the new combined demand (fuse & tails) and plumbed in to a couple of Henleys to be taken from there as seen fit.
Any ideas?:)

Sponsored Links
He would be better off having his electrician assess the demand, size of tails etc, stop using the supply out of one of the meters and add that CU to whichever meter he wants to keep and then tell his supplier (not the DNO) that he no longer wants that first supply.

Depending on contractual notice period he may want to cancel the supply contract first.

Sponsored Links
He would be better off having his electrician assess the demand, size of tails etc, stop using the supply out of one of the meters and add that CU to whichever meter he wants to keep and then tell his supplier (not the DNO) that he no longer wants that first supply.

Depending on contractual notice period he may want to cancel the supply contract first.

I'll be assessing it on Monday.
Having not seen the installation, my question was based on the probability that neither of the existing supplies will be suitable for the proposed combined load and usage and what to reasonably expect his supplier to do in that instance.
In the unlikely event that one of them is suitable it'll be straightforward :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back