18 flats wiring

I'm a bit confused by that - I thought that DNOs would not get involved with anything on the consumer's side of their cutout, let alone on the consumer's side of the meter?

Kind Regards, John
They can if you ask them, AFAIK.

I have seen this arrangement installed very recently, as well as a long time ago, and it is better for all concerned, and saves all that messing about with chunky SWA, switch fuses, and all that crapolla.

Sponsored Links
In fact, this is what you should do when you have an outside meter box, and want the cu in the middle of the house.

This way you don't have a hefty switch fuse in the meter box - which is only supposed to used for DNO equipment anyway.

Yes yur correct DNO gave an option either they do the trunking and fit 19 main fuses or the DNO fit a DB board and and let the consumer did the trunking etc.
Obviously the works must have made a big difference in the price

Yes yur correct DNO gave an option either they do the trunking and fit 19 main fuses or the DNO fit a DB board and and let the consumer did the trunking etc.
Obviously the works must have made a big difference in the price

A DB board?

Sponsored Links
Posted this pic before, bit of a mess feeding i assume 6 flats
81310-6e676442b09c3ef2584454293ac9e006.jpg
81309-c893a7c14d3455e14c2e4c727761f903.jpg

They can if you ask them, AFAIK. ... I have seen this arrangement installed very recently, as well as a long time ago, and it is better for all concerned, and saves all that messing about with chunky SWA, switch fuses, and all that crapolla.
I suspect that I don't fully/properly understanding what ytu are suggesting a DNO might/could do. Could you perhaps explain in a little more detail?

Kind Regards, John

Posted this pic before, bit of a mess feeding i assume 6 flats
Yes. but that's all presumably upstream of the meters (the meters, I presume, being in the flats), isn't it? The suggestion here was to have all the meters in the basement and then to persuade the DNO to run cables from those meters to "cutout thingies' in each flat.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back