Post ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIYnot

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Today sees the trial launch of post ratings.

Any logged in member has the ability to rate any post (aside from their own), either positively or negatively. Each post will have an overall rating based upon these ratings from members. The overall rating of any post can be seen next to the date.

Each logged in member has the ability to hide any poorly rated post based on a set threshold (default setting is -6), if so desired. Your threshold can be changed here:

//www.diynot.com/network/user_account_forum.php

To rate a post positively or negatively use the thumbs up/thumbs down on each post:
thumb_up_gs.png
thumb_down_gs.png

Unlike the 'thanks' button, ratings are anonymous.

Ratings can be undone by clicking on the same rating you already gave.

PS. Admin posts cannot be rated - sorry ;)

Sponsored Links
PS

This is not related to the 'thanks' function, but at the same time the ratings feature was added, an update to the thanks function was made. This update now doesn't include General Discussion thanks in the user counts (but you can still thank in GD, it just won't be added to your totals). The 'thanks' count has been re-calculated in light of this for everyone.

But what if you have been thanked for a post that is not related to general discussion but it has been posted in GD either by error or there is no suitable subject topic for it?

Of course, you know whats going to happen to all Ban all sheds' posts, doint you? :cool:

Sponsored Links
come on here for a natter now you need a degree
press this press that. :rolleyes:

Unlike the 'thanks' button, ratings are anonymous.

so whats the point then ?

I was going to retire when i got to four hundred thanks, now I'll be here forever :cry:
But can't wait until gayrant returns, he must be favourite to poll the biggest thumbs down of all time!:cool:

I was going to retire when i got to four hundred thanks, now I'll be here forever :cry:
But can't wait until gayrant returns, he must be favourite to poll the biggest thumbs down of all time!:cool:

you are proving now your intelligence.....

am i your nemesis....... sad man....

mercy me.... following me around and trying to stand up for your boyfriend..... :cry: :cry: :cry:

never mind ah....---..

mercy me.... following me around and trying to stand up for your boyfriend..... :cry: :cry: :cry:
never mind ah....---..

What do you have against the written word, have you never heard of full stops, (.) do you not understand the correct use of the ellipse? (...) Do you have any concept about the use of Capital letters?

WTF is ...---..

you are proving now your intelligence.....
Just making a prediction

am i your nemesis.......
no! how can you be? Your just an abusername on a website forum.
If you were real to me in my live and my so called nemesis, you wouldn't sleep on a night or walk in a morning :eek:
Not that you do much of that anyway, with your busy sleepish antics!

Of course, you know whats going to happen to all Ban all sheds' posts, doint you? :cool:
It's already happening.

This one shows just how pathetic and childish some people are:

if the installation is pre 17th you will be allowed 4% of 230 which equates to a max of 9.2v drop.
If you make any changes then the current regulations will apply.

Pointing out that the current version of the Wiring Regulations applies to work done now got a thumbs down. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back