Which combi boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Puma 80 combination boiler that is about 7 years old and has been going wrong 3-4 times a year since I've had it. It has just gone wrong yet again and I've finally had enough. Can anyone give me any advice about a good, reliable replacement - which makes are best and what should I be looking for?
Thanks,

Dogpants

Sponsored Links
If you look on this forum 90% boiler problems are combi.They were ordinary design for tower block flats with no loft space for water tank & space saving for cylinder,then started to installed them in bungalow and then onto family 3-4 bedroom property.My potterson floorstanding boiler is still going strong after 23 years compare with combi lasting according to this forum 7-8 years.My parent have a valliant boiler which take 15 minutes to fill up the bath because of low water pressure and has broken down 4 times in 3 years.If you listen to everybody opinions you wouldn't buy nothing ! Don't let me put you off buying a combi as they are getting better all the time,I probably will buy a combi next time but personally I don't think the combi manufacter have got it quite right yet but they are economical and some happy combi owners out there.This is personally my own opinion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back