Solid Fuel boiler suddenly not heating water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
(after 25 years completely trouble free)
(heating itself normal - DHW is cold)
Trianco TRG45 (using anthracite peas)
Randall 103 timer
Grundfos MKII pump
(open vented i beieve)
One *very* windy day recently it did produce some heat
anyone advise on likely cause/recommendations please?

Sponsored Links
1. Lack of water in F&E?
2. Sludge build up?
3. The thing oilman said?

Sponsored Links
Most likely fault after 25 years is the pump have failed.

It should be warm but not too hot to touch.

You might be able to hear it turning ( or not ).
Might have screw at end to inspect the shaft.

Tony

oilman said:
Softus said:
1. Lack of water in F&E?

unlikely if heating is working.
I completely agree - I never said it was probable. ;)

Pump - is this a fully pumped system then? Wouldn't that have been reasonably advanced, for solid fuel, 25 years ago?

quote="Softus"]1. Lack of water in F&E?
:rolleyes:

unlikely if heating is working.
I completely agree - I never said it was probable. ;)
:rolleyes: Completely out of his depth...

Pump - is this a fully pumped system then? Wouldn't that have been reasonably advanced, for solid fuel, 25 years ago?

Oh dear..Oh Dear...you may wish to return to the General Discussion forum & talk some more about yourself..you appear to be failing miserably & embarrassingly here.. :oops:

The only person who's embarrassing himself here is you Bg. Your trolling behaviour lets the forum down.

This particular section of the forum is being let down by unqualified `bluffers` such as yourself, jumping on the backs of statements made by qualified engineers/installers..I do apologise for singling you out though... but not to you..it`s just that I find your overbearing, self-important windbag of an attitude a little hard to stomach....especially regarding your disgraceful remarks to a certain other member of this forum who quite frankly deserves a little more respect than a jumped up, self opinionated `wannabe Gas Engineer` like you has given... I`m off to Beddy-Byes now..Have a pleasant evening...

Bamber gaspipe said:
This particular section of the forum is being let down by unqualified `bluffers` such as yourself, jumping on the backs of statements made by qualified engineers/installers.
Alas, your unfounded opinion that I'm unqualified to give advice on the forum is of little relevance to anything.

I do apologise for singling you out though... but not to you.
I'm not aware that you have singled me out, and have no interest in your somewhat hollow apology. :rolleyes:

it`s just that I find your overbearing, self-important windbag of an attitude a little hard to stomach.
Do stomach, don't stomach, ignore me, don't ignore me, be envious, don't be envious - whatever. Reacting to my posts when I'm helping people who know less than I do is only belitting to yourself.

...especially regarding your disgraceful remarks to a certain other member of this forum who quite frankly deserves a little more respect than a jumped up, self opinionated `wannabe Gas Engineer` like you has given.
Ah, now we get to the nub of it. :D

Assuming that you're referring to Agile, albeit in some oddly oblique way, I daresay that he's very pleased to have such an energetic young lad fighting his battles.

However, it's a mystery to me why you think that I want to, or intend to, become an RGI. The most likely scenario is that you're scratching around for insults, with an axe to grind, because the very idea that someone repairs boilers, competently and fully within the law, without the expensive classroom training that you've had, is irksome to you.

The whole world doesn't revolve around gas and CORGI.

Bamber gaspipe said:
This particular section of the forum is being let down by unqualified `bluffers` such as yourself, jumping on the backs of statements made by qualified engineers/installers..I do apologise for singling you out though... but not to you..it`s just that I find your overbearing, self-important windbag of an attitude a little hard to stomach....especially regarding your disgraceful remarks to a certain other member of this forum who quite frankly deserves a little more respect than a jumped up, self opinionated `wannabe Gas Engineer` like you has given... I`m off to Beddy-Byes now..Have a pleasant evening...

Nighty Night all ;)

Ah, now we get to the nub of it. :D

Assuming that you're referring to Agile, albeit in some oddly oblique way, I daresay that he's very pleased to have such an energetic young lad fighting his battles.

However, it's a mystery to me why you think that I want to, or intend to, become an RGI. The most likely scenario is that you're scratching around for insults, with an axe to grind, because the very idea that someone repairs boilers, competently and fully within the law, without the expensive classroom training that you've had, is irksome to you.

HOOK....LINE.....&.....SINKER!! :LOL: :LOL: Can somebody give me a hand to reel this one in....it won`t shut it`s mouth..... :D :D

Softus said:

I`m sorry but I can`t seem to find that in the gas regs..please state page / paragraph & Date .... & your Corgi registration number..Has this been amended?.. :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back