Kalimex Just for Copper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Has anyone on here had any experience of this

I'm in the midst of planning a kitchen, bathroom & en-suite upgrade and came across this stuff while trawling the interweb.

Great site btw

Angus

Sponsored Links
It does not say that its been approved for use with gas in the UK and therefore I would not be able to use it!

I know that DIYers always likel to come up with products like this but I would reply by asking whats wrong with conventional soldered copper pipe?

Tony

As I have no gas that doesn't bother me.

I expect the issue with hot soldered joints is the potential for accidental scorching (and me burning myself).

I might give it a go - it's got to be better than push fit :D

Sponsored Links
Good point - can't really comment on that but I reckon I'll give it a go.

I'll let you know how I get on

if you go to the kalimex product information, they claim it can be used on natural gas and lpg.

They can claim that but it does not mean that its approved!

Why dont you ask CORGI?

One of the papers claimed there was WWII bomber on the moon! I never believed them either !

Tony

Agile said:
They can claim that but it does not mean that its approved!

Why dont you ask CORGI?

One of the papers claimed there was WWII bomber on the moon! I never believed them either !

Tony

Bet you still believe its made of cheese though :LOL: :LOL:

nebuchenezer said:
Has anyone on here had any experience of this
Yes.

You can't dismantle or unsolder any joints made with this stuff.

It's transparent, so it's difficult to see if you have even coverage.

I made up some test joints, to experiment with it, and it was kind of OK, so I carried it as an option, but the first time I decided to use it for real it let me down.

Not as reliable as solder, and not as demountable as push-fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back