So I have an old church pew and.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to cut it in half (already done) and rejoin into an L shape. How would you do the corner join???

Sponsored Links
Mitre the corners, put a sympathetic designed leg at the resultant 45deg. angle under the cut for support, make a corner post to join the backs secure and neatly. What's it for? and any pics?? ...pinenot :)

I think a mitred joint is probably the best option for us, I don't have the tools to do biscuits. The leg underneath is a good point, thanks. I will post a pic just as soon as I've worked out how to do so!

We are in the middle of gluing and strengthening at the moment because it was in a sad state of repair. It is for out dining area, as the space is limited and we want to provide seating for as many as possible.

Sponsored Links
Re posting images, save any image as a .jpg somewhere where you can easily find it, Mine are in a folder on the desktop. When your in the reply/post screen find upload new image at the bottom of the page and press > add new image > chose image > upload image. Now when you are posting you go to show my image > scroll through images now dropped down and single click on the one you want with the flashing cursor where you want it to go > preview, and when your happy > submit ...pinenot :)

OK, I think the pictures are visible! As you can see it's in dire need of some tlc, currently we're gluing and repairing what we can. We will be sanding down and painting later on, plus making a long seat cushion for comfort.

I'm sorry no pictures visible via your posting nor via your album which appears locked, the following message when I try accessing your online album, - You do not have authority to access this? ...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back