Back to school...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, I couldn't sleep again last night and my mind started wandering to all things obscure and...

You don't want to know...

But I can't remember the difference between weight and mass? Is it to do with gravity?

Sponsored Links
Errrr. Clunk clunk, brain search into the dim and distant archives.

I think you're right. The weight of an item is related to gravity. The mass remains the same. For example, a 2 ton block will weigh nothing in zero gravity but just try stopping it if it's coming at you at at 10mph! Hence you can jump higher on the moon because you weigh less but if you fall from a 30' height you'll still break an ankle - or worse.

I can think of better things to think about in bed :) but it's funny how your brain works sometimes.

Don't know if the dictionary helps:

Weight is the vertical force experienced by a mass as a result of gravitation.

Mass is a physical quantity expressing the amount of matter in a body.

In my case, rather a lot!!

Sponsored Links
Yeah, MMJ, and I've got heavy bones too. It's true! Dr weighed them, said they were really dense, like the rest of me. Took it as a compliment....

Personally I'm just retaining water.

Along with the hops, malt and barley that went in it too. ;)

securespark said:
Yeah, MMJ, and I've got heavy bones too. It's true! Dr weighed them, said they were really dense, like the rest of me. Took it as a compliment....

Hey, don't worry! I like breasts so much I grew my own :p

Better watch out for that miscreant yachtty he may try to show you the golden rivet next time around ... oooer !! sort of £45 or bust !!
:D :D

P

edited

We can guess, having seen pix ........... pickle foot !! ;)

I wuz moderated on left bracket, Asterisk, space, right bracket followed by left bracket, space,Asterisk, right bracket :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back